Are you part of a team who are starting a fresh expression of Church? Growing New could be just what you are looking for to support and resource the team.
Growing New is a learning hub pilot for church-planting teams (developing significant fresh expressions of Church). The aim of the Growing New Learning Hub is to help each planting team on a journey which results in new church communities being formed and new people becoming followers of Jesus within them.
The Lightwave Community and the Church Army Centre of Mission in Suffolk are working with the national Myriad initiative and adapting their learning community resources which have been developed to meet the following needs:
1. “Just-in-Time” development and training to enable small lay teams to form new significant fresh expressions. ie training as they need it – not a long way in advance
2. Tailored and flexible training and development to fit different mission contexts and different teams and different stages of development
3. A safe community for these planting teams to support each other
4. Developing these lay planting teams with the clergy who champion and support this ministry
5. Structures and approach which intentionally focus on multiplication of new communities and easily align with the sense of call to pioneer and plant
These needs were identified in recent national research:"Listening to the Voice of the Lay Planters" and are the same needs being experienced in Suffolk. We hope this pilot will lead into an ongoing learning hub for future pioneers leading fresh expressions of Church in Suffolk.
If you are seeking to discern if this is right for your churchplanting team, come along to the zoom information evening 7-9pm on 7th Feb and/or the taster afternoon on Saturday 29th April 2023 (1pm for lunch - 4pm).
There are some more resources from Myriad to help with the discernment HERE
The dates for the "Growing New" gatherings for 2023-5 are all from 5pm Friday through to 6pm Saturday and with accommodation and meals provided. Venue likely to be in mid-Suffolk near A140, so easy to access.